The Medfield Animal Shelter’s mission is to rescue lost or abandoned animals and provide for their comfort and safety until they are reunited with their owners or placed in new homes. We are a no-kill shelter, which means no pet will ever be euthanized because it has run out of time to find a home. We are committed to ending the overpopulation of pets that results in an estimated 5 million companion pets being euthanized at shelters in the U.S. every year, therefore all cats, rabbits and dogs adopted from us are spayed and neutered prior to adoption. We also sponsor a low cost spay/neuter clinic for cats at our shelter once or twice a month, as well as two feral cat clinics each year.
The Animal Control Officers from both the towns of Dover and Medfield bring all of their stray pets to the Medfield Animal Shelter, and we take in pets from the surrounding area as space permits.
We host open adoption hours on Saturdays from 11:00 – 1:00 and by appointment Sunday – Friday.
Keep up with the latest shelter news on Facebook
Medfield Animal Shelter on Facebook
OUR WISH LIST
We depend on donations of food, cleaning supplies and cat litter to care for the shelter residents.
In addition to the list here, we also have a wish list on Amazon.com. You can go to our Amazon Wish List to find some of the items we use the most often listed there. Unfortunately, Amazon doesn’t send us donors’ contact information so we are unable to send thank you notes when we receive donations from Amazon.
View our Wish List
- Scoopable cat litter (this is the one item we ALWAYS need)
- Canned kitten food. Any brand is fine but please no fish flavors
- Fancy Feast, 9 Lives or Purina canned cat food
- Dog and cat treats
- 33-gallon trash bags
- Purina Cat Chow Naturals dry cat food
- Cat toys
- Pump hand soap
- High-quality canned dog food
- Small fleece blankets
- Used medium or large size wire dog crates
- Paper towels
- Cat carriers
- High-quality dry dog food
- Wild bird seed (for the feeders we have outside the cat rooms to entertain the cats)
- Advantix, Revolution or Frontline for dogs
- Advantage, Revolution or Frontline for cats
- Dishwashing liquid (the kind for washing dishes by hand)
- Timothy hay for the bunnies and guinea pigs
- Oxbow or Sweet Meadow bunny and guinea pig food
- Wood stove pellets (available at Rocky’s Ace Hardware, Home Depot, and Wal-Mart – we use them in the kitten and rabbit litter boxes)
- Gift card to Shaws, Roche Bros, Stop & Shop, Petco, Especially for Pets, Home Depot, or any pet supply store
Meet the pets currently looking for loving homes. We update the list daily.
We depend on donations to fund our operating costs, and are grateful for donations of any size.
We are always in need of adult volunteers and have some opportunities for students age 16 and up.